PHANTOM 1 – Overview
Different condenser microphones specify different amounts of required phantom power. As a rule these ratings can range from 48 volts all the way down to 9 volts. Fortunately, there is some flexibility in terms of matching phantom voltage to your mic. A rough rule of thumb would be “more is better.”
For example, a 24-volt condenser mic will run perfectly on 48 volts. In fact, mics rated at as little as 9 volts can often operate on 48 volts, but you should check with the manufacturer first. Conversely, a mic will generally perform best driven by not less than its rated voltage so, for a 48V mic, you would obtain best results with 48 volts of phantom power. The Phantom I is a great choice for the above needs.
- Input Connectors: XLR female
- Output Connectors: XLR male
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 25kHz
- Output Phantom Power: 48V DC +/- 2V
- Output Noise: -115 dBV
- Current Drain: 14mA
- Power: 18V DC (Adapter included)
- Dimensions: 5.25 x 2.75 x 1.75 inches (130mm x 74mm x 45mm)
- Weight: 1.3 lbs. (315g)
There are no reviews yet.