PreSonus® BlueTube DP v2
Equipped with instrument and mic inputs and built for serious gigging, the PreSonus® BlueTube DP V2 dual-path mic/instrument preamplifier is a great choice for guitarists, bassists, singer/songwriters and more. Compact, affordable and capable of a stunningly wide range of tones, the BlueTube DP V2 offers two independent channels with combo mic/instrument inputs and unbalanced ¼-inch and balanced XLR line outputs. You can use it as a preamp and as a direct box (DI) for guitars and basses. Singer-songwriters can run the vocal through one channel and a guitar through the other, feeding both to the PA — no guitar amp needed.
Each channel features one of PreSonus’ famed XMAX Class A solid-state preamps, followed in the signal path by a 12AX7 vacuum-tube stage that’s hand-selected and carefully tested for top audio performance. When the Tube Drive control is clicked off, you’re using the solid-state preamp for quiet, clean transparent amplification; when engaged, your signals flow through the tube preamp, and you can achieve anything from gentle warmth to edgy distortion.
We didn’t forget the extras: an 80 Hz highpass filter, phantom power, a -20 dB pad to control hot input signals, polarity reverse and a backlit VU meter. Housed in a rugged case small enough to carry in a gig bag or screw-mount in half a standard rack tray, the BlueTube DP V2 is a great-sounding tool you’ll use on a variety of sources.
- 2 Balanced combo mic/unbalanced instrument inputs
- 2 High-headroom Class A XMAX mic preamplifiers with 80 dB gain range and 48V phantom power and 12AX7 vacuum tube gain stage with Tube Drive tube-saturation control
- 80 Hz high-pass filter
- -20 dB pad to reduce hot input levels
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Illuminated analog VU input-level meter
- 2 balanced XLR and 2 unbalanced ¼-inch main (L/R) line outputs
- Compact 1/2U chassis
- External 12 VDC, 1A power supply