With its smaller size and portability, the all-new EVH 5150III 50S 6L6 Head is the perfect amp for players who want Ed Van Halen’s touring tone, arena volume and performance in a compact package. Three channels of road-tested sound work for any playing style crisp cleans, chunky overdrive, tight distortion and searing leads, while newly added independent dual-concentric controls allow for gain and volume level matching.
Tweaked to meet Eddie’s touring requirements, this 50-watt head delivers a full-spectrum of tone. Channel one powers crystal-clear clean tone; channel two features increased gain for greater sustain and is re-voiced for improved low-mid frequency definition; channel three also has improved range for the low control and oozes with increased liquid gain. Channels one and two each have dual concentric gain/volume controls, with shared EQ (low, mid, high). Channel three has its own gain, volume and EQ (low, mid, high) controls. All three channels also have global presence and global resonance controls.
The amp is also loaded with seven JJ ECC83 preamp tubes, a pair of Shuguang 6L6 power tubes, switchable output impedance (4, 8 and 16 ohms) and an adjustable bias control.
Seductively dark in black textured vinyl with a dual black EVH striped steel grille front panel, our 50-watt stealth head also comes with vintage-style chicken head black control knobs, red lamp jewel, dual speaker output jacks, four-button footswitch, effects loop, direct out and molded plastic handle.
- Model Name 5150III 50S 6L6 Head, Black
- Series EVH 5150III Heads
- Country Of Origin MX
- Color Black
- Amplifier Type Tube
- Control Knobs Black Chicken-Head Style Pointer
- Inputs One – 1/4″, MIDI (rear)
- Rectifier Solid State
- Cabinet Material White Birch
- Handle Molded Plastic Strap with Nickel-Plated Caps
- Total Impedance 4, 8, or 16 ohms
- Power Tubes 2 x Shuguang 6L6G MSTR
- Preamp Tubes 7 x JJ ECC83S (12AX7)
- Dimensions 14.80×16.50×28.10 IN
- Weight 43.55 LB
- Disclaimer WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.