You are looking at Serial# I220901401
With developments in instrument technology, the prominence of more technical playing styles, and players’ desire for lighter, more portable instruments, today’s headless guitars are pushing far beyond designs of the past. However, even with all these advancements, Ibanez still saw an exciting opportunity in this space.
The Q or Quest series is a radical concept for Ibanez. The “Quest” in this case was to not just to adapt an existing instrument into a headless design, but to develop an entirely new guitar from the ground up. This range features a number of unique elements intended to maximize tone, performance, and playing comfort.
These include custom designed R1 single coil and Q58 humbucker pickups, a mono tune bridge, and a proprietary custom string locking mechanism. The QX subseries is also equipped with innovative 8-degree inward slanted frets, uniquely tailoring their ergonomics to the benefit of highly technical players.
Ultimately, this series offers a diverse and versatile enough feature set to attract not only the modern, technical guitarist, but also players who may have never even considered a headless guitar before. Regardless of genre, Q (Quest) allows guitarists of every background to question the full scope of their creative possibilities.
- Body Material: Nyatoh
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Q54
- Neck Construction: Bolt-on
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Roasted Maple/Bubinga
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Neck Shape: Wizard C
- Fretboard: Roasted Birdseye Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 12″
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl Offset Dots
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Number of Frets: 24, Jescar EVOgold
- Frets Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.653″
- Pickguard: Black
- Pickup Configuration: HSS
- Neck Pickup: R1
- Middle Pickup: R1
- Bridge Pickup: Q58
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 5-Way Blade, Alter Switch
- Bridge: Ibanez Mono-Tune
- Hardware Finish: Cosmo Black
- Case/Gig Bag: Gig Bag
- Country Of Origin: Indonesia
There are no reviews yet.