Darkglass Microtubes Infinity Preamp MTINF with Distortion Compression Blend Impulse Responses 6 band EQ DI and USB Interface
The Microtubes Infinity shares the footmark of our programmable line, packed with our three legendary Microtubes distortions: B3K, Vintage, and X. Moreover, it allows multiband compression on every mode, blending Impulse responses between distortions while adding extra controls via the Darkglass suite for an endless number of features: An infinity of possibilities.
- Blend: The Blend potentiometer mixes between the distortion signal and the clean sidechain signal.
- Drive: The Drive potentiometer adds distortion and drive to our signal (modes 2-4) or blends in the tube preamp emulation (mode 1). Crank this knob to add more saturation or character to your distortion/preamp part of the signal chain.
- Tone-Era:The Tone·Era potentiometer allows you to go from dull to crisp and anything in between. On the Vintage Microtubes (modes 2 & 4) you get the coveted ERA control which covers different decades of classic bass tones.
- Passive/Active: Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal making the amp to distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
- Touch Sensitive Sliders: Each slider has a -12 dB to 12 dB range. From left to right, the frequency bands for each slider correspond to a low shelf, 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz, and a high shelf.
- Level:The Level potentiometer controls the master volume of the Microtubes Infinity.
- Compression:The Compression potentiometer is the one-knob solution for compression on the Microtubes Infinity. This controls the amount of input gain to the compressor and intelligently applies the correct amount of makeup gain so that your signal is always driven at the appropriate level, no matter how much compression is applied.
- Dimensions: Width: 18 cm / 7″, Length: 12 cm / 4.5”, Height: 6 cm / 2.50″, Weight: 0,7 kg / 1,55 lb
- Compression: This control allows setting the input gain of the compressor that will translate into how much the signal is compressed while our intelligent make-up gain algorithm keeps the output of the compressor at usable levels. The compressor has 5 ratios available: 4:1, 8:1, 12:1, 20:1 and ALL IN.
- Distortion: The Microtubes Infinity has 5 different preamp modes; a clean multi-band tube preamp, Microtubes B3K and Vintage Microtubes distortions in both normal and multi-band modes.
- Cabinet Simulation: The Microtubes Infinity supports Impulse Response (IR) cabinet simulations and has 5 cabinet slots on board. The default IRs have been selected by the Darkglass Team. New IRs can be assigned to the 5 slots using the Darkglass Suite (desktop or mobile).
Back Panel Features
- Input: This is the primary instrument input on the Microtubes Infinity. Connect your instrument or output from your pedal board to the 1/4” mono jack.
- Direct Output: An XLR output with a ground lift switch provides a reliable standard connection to a mixing desk or an external audio interface for a guaranteed low-noise signal.
- Balanced Output: The two balanced outputs add routing versatility and the option of using the Microtubes Infinity as a fully equipped audio interface. Connect your studio monitors, amplifier or other effects to the 1/4” balanced jacks using a TRS connector (Tip +, Ring -, Sleeve GND). If you feed an unbalanced input from these outputs, use an instrument cable with a mono 1/4” plug.
- Aux In: The stereo input of the Microtubes Infinity enables the playback of backing tracks while practicing or recording. Connect your mobile phone, laptop etc. to the 1/8” stereo jack.
- MIDI In: A standard 1/8” TRS (Type B) jack allows connecting an external MIDI controller to the Microtubes Infinity for even more flexibility.
- Headphone Output: The headphone output can handle headphones with an impedance of 16 – 600 ohms. Connect your headphones to the 1/8” stereo jack and set the desired level from the dedicated potentiometer next to the jack.
- USB:The USB-C port unlocks the Microtubes Infinity’s USB audio interface capabilities and enables interaction with the Darkglass Suite desktop app, allowing for software updates and access to the Darkglass IR library, containing hundreds of cabinet simulations. USB MIDI is also supported.